Finding and retaining trained, qualified employees is a challenge facing companies across the U.S. In response, Jefferson County Economic Development Corporation (Jeffco EDC) works with organizations throughout Jefferson County and the metro area to develop programs and services that support the workforce development needs of companies in the County.
As the third most populated county in Colorado, Jefferson County has one of the most educated workforces in the state.
Did you know?
- Jefferson County has a total labor force of over 305,000
- There are over 19,000 companies providing over 217,000 jobs in Jefferson County
- Jefferson County SAT/ACT scores and high school graduation rates are higher than the national average
- In 2013, Jefferson County colleges had an enrollment of over 211,000 students
- Colorado has the second most educated workforce in the nation
- Colorado is third for jobs in high-tech industries